Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I'm not up in the years, but I'm learnin'.

Being with a man who actually seems to care how he makes me feel, has taught me, if nothing else, one thing. You need to respect the man you're with. No matter how mad he is making you at the time. He takes care of you, he provides for you, he loves you and he keeps you together. So why talk down to him? Why say downgrading things? We are made as wives to uplift our husbands, build them up higher and higher, not tear them down. They aren't deserving, even when we as wives think they are. It's not how it's supposed to be. If they say mean things to us, we continue to build them up, no matter how much we feel they deserve a verbal telling off. They take care of us, we take care of them.
It really bothers me to see a woman, disrespect the man she loves. How do they expect respect in return if all they can do is get mad and cuss at them. It doesn't work. 

Ephesians 5:22-30 Says
 22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her26 to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body.

This is so beautifully put. But of course, it comes from the word of God. Why wouldn't it be?

"For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior."
I can just hear the "Womans Rights" advocate now. "I am my own person! I make my own decisions and I can be the head of the household if I damn well please."
But that's not what is right. In my case, Dyllon is the leader, by nature. I am to be in my home, and pray for him daily, for his strength, and encourage his every like and dislike, no matter how vast. I am his supporter and he is my protecter. Why disrespect him? He cares for me. He looks after me, and he provides for me. He deserves all the love in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment