Friday, January 3, 2014

Titus 2:11-12



'For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.   It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,'

Holy moley what a verse. Talk about blessings overflowing. This reminds me of the pleasant surprise that I received last night when Dyllon and I went to see the new Madea movie. Not only, was it a good movie, but it portrayed an incredible message, more than once! It let its viewers know the importance of Jesus Christ in Christmas, and not only that, but also jumped on the touchy subject of racism in families. What a blessing! I can truly say I was blessed by a Tyler Perry movie. Who knew? This one is hard for me sometimes. I could be far more present in the Godly world, that's for sure. Sometimes, I get weak. Especially when it comes to music. I'm not a real tv watcher, but sometimes i'm just in the mood for a good base line, and some Big Sean. I can't help it! I am a lover of rap music. I'm sure I could do better. I know that it's not right, some of the things they are singing, but it's pleasing to my ear, music wise. Sometimes I don't even listen to the words. I'm sure my 4-5 years of being a rap fan has contributed to my hearing loss. But, either way. I need to not be lead so astray sometimes. 
I feel a little better about myself though, now that i'm married to Dyllon, when it comes to living ungodly ways. I know it wasn't really okay, to live with him and not be married (not that i'm against anyone who does it, I know it makes the budget more manageable, especially in certain situations, and I am totally understanding of being right next to the one you love.) I lived with Dyllon for about a year, so trust me, I am not one who practiced what I preach, but that doesn't mean I didn't want to do better. Seems to be my life story. But I totally understand what people say when they say it's a whole new world when you're married. Dyllon and I are whole new people now that we're married. It feels so different. Like we're grown. All we need and depend on is each other and there's nothing wrong with it. It also helps, to not be so harshly judged, for living together outside of marriage, aka, "Living in sin". Which happens to be my least favorite term of all time. 

I sure can do better when it comes to this verse, but it's a motivator, that's for sure!
I hope everyone has a good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment