Saturday, January 11, 2014

Psalm 118:5-6


'When hard pressed, I cried to the LORD; he brought me into a spacious place.   The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?'

This reminds me of a conversation that I have been having with a sweet friend of mine here lately as she has hard times. This one is probably the best advice I could give. I definitely need to write this one down, and if anyone needs help from me, I'll just say this to them. How beautiful is this. This is one of the parts of life I love the most. If times are hard and hurtful, Jesus will carry you away to a quiet place. He is always with you, no matter where you hide. God always always has his arms around you. Things get hard, I know. It's so rough, growing up, or dealing with everyone around trying to hurt you, or being alone. But no matter the situation, if you put all of your faith in the Lord and let it go, He will help you. God's love is like a shield, keeping you happy, and safe, but you just have to let it. I know exactly what it feels like, to block out EVERYTHING. I did it for too long. Far too long. But once I discovered that God was there for me, no matter how low I had sunk, and that no matter how crappy things got, He still forgives me. I feel like if I could get this point across to people who are feeling like I was, then the world would be so much more happy and so much more blessed. The Lord is with me always, why do I have any reason to be afraid. The assurance is overwhelming. 



No comments:

Post a Comment