Friday, January 10, 2014

1 Peter 1:15-16

HAPPY FRIDAY!
Let me tell ya, I love when Friday comes around. This work week has gone by kinda quick, but Friday's are still sacred. It's rainy, and messy and cold, and I definitely want to stay home and sleep instead of going to work tonight, but hopefully I won't have to work tomorrow, and I can sleep and drink tea and watch movies all day ;) 

Or work. That's fine too.

'But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do;   for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy."'

YAY! Be holy in all you do! Be holy in your thoughts, in your actions, and in your state of mind. Lovely! God feels, that we are worthy of every ounce of love He has, why would we not let it flow out of us and surround others? This is so inspiring. I strive, to let God's love pour into everything that I do. Not that it isn't a struggle. It is. I get cranky easily. I let little things bother me, and when people try to hurt me or make me angry, they almost always succeed. And it's not a rare occurrence of me, to snap right back with something ill tempered to say, just to hurt them like they hurt me. That is not a good character trait that I am really working to fix. Any kind of prayer offered is totally okay with me because this is an incredible struggle that I've dealt with for years. But yes. THANK GOODNESS for God's love, and forgiveness, because we would all be lost without Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment