Tuesday, January 14, 2014

1 John 4:20-21

Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

This one, hit me right in the face. HARD. I know i’m not the only person who has ever taken something from this but this one is a biggie. And I think it knew what it was doing when it found me. I have been having trouble lately, loving some of those around me as brothers and sisters in Christ. I have grudges against people, and anger, and all kinds of anger toward people in my life. This really lets me know what’s what when it comes to God’s love. I was always familiar with it from the beginning, but I am learning so much every day. This really helps me realize that even though people around us, extremely involved in our lives or not, are going to hurt us, and make us mad, but there is no reason for any other emotion to be expressed, other than love. God loves us so much, and sent Jesus, HIS son, to die for our sins. That is an ultimate love. This tells me that I look completely foolish, for being upset over simple words, or crazy actions of others. Best advice i’ve heard in a while. God, you are too good to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment